"If you’re carrying the whole world on your shoulders, there’s no reason to carry your sleeves too”.
Welcome back FI readers!
I can't believe we just blew through another week and September is here! What are your plans for Labor Day? Hosting or being hosted? Wardrobe wise, are you retiring your white outfits until memorial day weekend rolls around or are you snobbing the unspoken rules of fashion and hugging your white ensembles even tighter? I say that 'no white after Labor day' belief went right out the door a long long long time ago and I will don my whites whenever I feel like it. Both crisp whites and warmer Winter whites. In my book, wearing white is a year round trend.
While crop tops have been the 'go to' for showing off some skin as well as staying cool in the hot summer heat, off the shoulder dresses and tops that bare beautiful shoulders have also been trending this summer. I read in a fashion magazine that the shoulder is the new belly button, hehe.
While this dress offers this great built in ventilation in the form of bare shoulders, I also like to protect my skin from the sun. First time I wanted to shoot in it back in early summer, the weather was 104 degrees and I thought no way am I exposing my skin to all that. And then I saw Aimee Song from over at Song Of Style wearing it on the red carpet at the Billboard Music Awards the same day (here). Huge coincidence but not very surprising since this off the shoulder trend has permeated a lot of big brands and as you can imagine, trend setters hit the ground running with it. What better than this cute lil blue dress to embrace it and show off those lovely shoulders.
The mercury levels have dropped a tad lately and I thought perfect timing to show this dress some love. The fit and flare silhouette was very flattering and gave an illusion of curves. The sleeves were perfectly snug so I wasn’t fussing and adjusting them the whole time. A mini pink lucite clutch and colorful heels added pops of color.
You? Been baring your shoulders lately? The cool thing about it is that any and every gal can rock it. "Does it make my shoulders look fat" ?, said no girl so far, hehe.
Your thoughts?
Deets
Dress - Carven
Shoes - Christian Louboutin
Clutch - Jimmy Choo
Sunnies _ Q/A
Thanks a whole lot for stopping by, keep thinking the purple thoughts, Xo...

Shop The Post














0 Comments