Last week I became a ‘real fashion blogger’. You know what I mean; those fearless fashionista’s whose shots are done in the middle of a road, or busy high street. Totally natural, and without fear.
Up until now I’ve been playing it safe- taking them down my road, or on my village green. But no, the time has come that I get over my embarrassment, and take to the streets (oh I am so gangster.)
I met up with the über stylish Frances and Lola to do a street style shoot. We chose Liverpool as we originally were going to an event; however this turned out to be a bit of a shambles and so shall remain unnamed.
It was rather nerve wracking doing my ‘poses’ in front of hundreds of passersby along the Albert docks, as I rather play up to the camera, well, I was never going to be a model so this is as close as I’m going to get!
However you know what? It was rather liberating. Of course we got the stares, the ‘who does she think she is?’ looks, but I’d like to think now, if I built up the confidence to pose in front of strangers, I can do other things I thought I didn’t have the confidence for.
Studded Sleeve Jacket- Mango
White Cami- River Island (Similar)
Stripe Trousers- River Island (Similar)
I’ve blogged about this little tough stud number before, but I’ve never been one to be a wear once, get rid kind of girl, hell, I’ve got bills to pay you know.
These trousers I’ve had for a good ol’ while; however monochrome just seems to be a repeat offender so every couple of seasons I just seem to be on trend- oh you know it’s just how I roll.
Again, these Zara burgundy heels have made an appearance before, but they are just too pretty to stuff in a box. If you are going to do the monochrome trend, I think a pop of colour is essential, so heels are just the perfect opportunity to slip in some tones.
I had my makeup done at Urban Decay just before. What do you think? I like it... however it’s a bit heavy and cakey for me. Too much I think. Plus she extended my lip line; I’ve never understood why MUA do this? Give me a comment and let me know what you think, I’ve always played it safe with my makeup, browns, neutrals, so I was trying to branch out. Beauty Bloggers, what colours would you recommend?
Being on location, I just couldn’t be the centre on attention, the gorgeous Albert Docks needed to do their thing to.
All in all, there’s nothing to this ‘street style’ thing, next stop, Oxford Street... or you know, angry tourists, maybe not.
Tweet


0 Comments