Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Easy Strawberry - Rhubarb Pie

Easy as pie! I've never thought pies were easy to make. In fact, I've never made a 'real' one. Pie crust simply daunts me. And if you look at my pie recipes under the Recipes tab, you'll see that not one of them has an actual pie crust.

I bought a frozen crust made by a company called Wholly Wholesome. I used the 'traditional' because I get plenty of whole wheat in my bread, and in pies I prefer a white flour crust.




This recipe comes from my friend Caryn, and it proves the adage. It could not be simpler or more satisfying. Delicious!

Mix together and add to crust:

2 cups strawberries
2 cups rhubarb
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons flour

Bake in preheated 350º F. oven for about an hour.

It very liquid-y and must be served in a bowl.


Post a Comment

0 Comments