If you have TCM, don't miss all the fantastic Julie Christie films airing today as part of the annual Summer Under the Stars festival. Of course they're airing the fabulous epic Dr. Zhivago (not the least bit overrated.. if you haven't seen it yet, do it! Even if you don't like tragic films -- I'm looking at you, Millie) but they're also showing Darling, one of my personal favorites (and not just because my no. 1 favorite Dirk Bogarde is her co-star) and the offbeat drama Petulia.
Personally, I'm super excited because they're showing so many of her films that I don't yet have on DVD! The Fast Lady, In Search of Gregory, Far From the Madding Crowd, Petulia and Demon Seed are all programmed into my DVD recorder. If you like Julie Christie -- and who doesn't?! -- make sure you don't miss this lineup! I personally think she's the greatest actress of her generation, and can't wait to see the movies they're showing that I haven't seen yet, and re-watching the ones that I have! :)
Art is acrylic, pencil & mixed media

0 Comments