When warmer days arrive, nothing makes me happier than to retreat to my my own private world. On sunny Saturday mornings, when I know that I can sleep in a bit and relax for the day, my garden takes center stage. It is almost as if nature was speaking to me. Inviting me to take part in the glory of flowers, trees and sky.
The sun rises and I step into my garden for a solitary moment. And although we have neighbors' near by, I've created a couple of areas in our garden that offer solitude. Almost like my own secret garden. No need to hurry. This is exactly where I want to be. My home and my garden are where my soul live. There is a sense of belonging and protection here.
And what better place to set-up a charming table to allow one oneself to enjoy the pleasures that afternoon tea have to offer.
My inspiration for this table came from a lovely magenta lace scarf I purchased a few weeks ago. It matched perfectly with linen napkins I found at Terrain last year. I used a white tablecloth as my base and layered the scarf on top of to add color and texture to my table. I used my blue and white Johnson Brothers Devon Cottage china which I found ideal for my color theme. And how lucky to have found tulips in the same shade.
It is such a blessing to be able to enjoy such simple pleasures. My life is feels full and my little heart is content and I wish you all the same blessing sweet friends.
Thank you for being here. Wishing you a great weekend ahead.
Hugs,
Janet







0 Comments