I am popping back in to show you the different trim on redbird. I didn't hate the blue I used, but it simply wasn't quite right either. It wasn't a hard fix, so I took it off and lived with it a day and a half with nothing. I laid different things on it from stash... some lace, different blue trims, some different flosses including DMC 221 which was the substitute for the fancy floss and the one I ended up having to use to finish out the red bird.
Now, I ALMOST left it with nothing. I really liked the fabric and it went well with the red. Hubby seemed to like the cording with the red, so that is where I landed.
You know I think in my head originally the redbird and the bluebird were going to be displayed together, but after pulling out the finishing materials they took on a life of their own which is just fine. I ended up loving both separately. They didn't need to be on display together. Redbird is still sitting in my sewing room because we went to Auburn this weekend. He will find a perfect vignette location this week.
We went nowhere but our home. We ordered meals with apps so it was strictly just a go check on the house and a different setting.
Both of my kids were alarmed by the number of people who flocked to the beach this weekend. Both were headed that way and ended up not going because it was so crowded and not with locals either. I hope we don't have a spike. It hasn't been all elderly who have tested positive around here, but I think all of the deaths have been elderly. Quite sad.
I am making this a quick post, but will be back later with an update on other stitching I am working on...bluejays and more
AND some new flowers to be potted.
Stay safe and keep praying for our country,
Sandy



0 Comments