Some family members have Christmas gifts sent to them. I like to make or re-purpose things. They must be able to fit into a large letter size bag to save postage. No point making something only to spend £3 per gift to send it!
One year I sewed defunct tea towels into vegetable storage bags for the fridge. I have crocheted dishcloths. This year, still adjusting to having Ruby with us, time ran away with me. After a bit of a rummage and a think, I made labels for presents. I picked some bay leaves from the garden to dry. Using a glue gun and adding a slice of dehydrated orange to an address label they turned into these:
Then walking at Wells one day, we came back through the woods and found thin chips of pine bark lying on the floor:
There were just 4 slices left over and as I had made enough labels to give away, added a star anise to each one for little decorations for the dining room:
There is enough room to write on the bottom of each label and the dining room shelf smells wonderful with the star anise and orange slices.




0 Comments