I forget to read!
Seems like every time Shelby and I go in a thrift store, she finds another Jan Karon book. She has read and collected them all, so now she picks them up for me.
I am not a big reader, and I'm sure it shows in my blogging...my third grade vocabulary. :) When we were growing up, Mama used to say, "Shelby keeps her head stuck in a book all the time", and she did. I didn't have time to read...too many dolls to think about, and playhouses to build. Why, it was more fun to sit outside in the leaves, on the sunny side of the house daydreaming, than to sit somewhere reading. All through school I read only what was absolutely necessary to get a passing grade and lots of the time, didn't even do that much. Sure wish I had done better back then.
It was Shelby who talked me into reading the book, "At Home In Mitford". I loved it and could hardly put the book down. A while back, she gave me Jan Karon's second book, "A Light in the Window". Reading the first sentence or two of this book put me right back there in Mitford with Father Tim...it felt like being home. I read several pages before turning the book over on the coffee table and going to the kitchen to start supper. Not once, since then, have I thought about the book. I simply forget to read!
Hope it warms up a little soon. We are on day four of cold weather. It was 27 degrees again this morning.
It will be just Poppy and me here tomorrow with no big plans for Thanksgiving. We will be going down home on Sunday for a big dinner with some of Poppy's family.
Hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Henny
Seems like every time Shelby and I go in a thrift store, she finds another Jan Karon book. She has read and collected them all, so now she picks them up for me.
I am not a big reader, and I'm sure it shows in my blogging...my third grade vocabulary. :) When we were growing up, Mama used to say, "Shelby keeps her head stuck in a book all the time", and she did. I didn't have time to read...too many dolls to think about, and playhouses to build. Why, it was more fun to sit outside in the leaves, on the sunny side of the house daydreaming, than to sit somewhere reading. All through school I read only what was absolutely necessary to get a passing grade and lots of the time, didn't even do that much. Sure wish I had done better back then.
It was Shelby who talked me into reading the book, "At Home In Mitford". I loved it and could hardly put the book down. A while back, she gave me Jan Karon's second book, "A Light in the Window". Reading the first sentence or two of this book put me right back there in Mitford with Father Tim...it felt like being home. I read several pages before turning the book over on the coffee table and going to the kitchen to start supper. Not once, since then, have I thought about the book. I simply forget to read!
Hope it warms up a little soon. We are on day four of cold weather. It was 27 degrees again this morning.
It will be just Poppy and me here tomorrow with no big plans for Thanksgiving. We will be going down home on Sunday for a big dinner with some of Poppy's family.
Hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Henny

0 Comments