What's occurrin' then?!
A bit more progress on the storage shed this week. It's been bloody hot mind. So warm and humid at night I haven't been getting to sleep until well past 3 a.m. Despite my lack of sleep, perhaps because of, I've managed to drag the shed nearer completion. The southern hemisphere's rugby championship kicked off this weekend, something else to dent my dreamtime.
The cultural mission rumbles ever onward. More art from the extremely talented Bryan Baugh. Another amazing monochromatic example from Mr Baugh. This piece is entitled Soggy Dead. Enjoy!
 |
| SOGGY DEAD. |
So first of all, I had to paint the floor. Much easier to do before the walls were glued down, of course. The raw wood was given a coat of Chestnut Ink, then some Dark Green Ink and some Purple Ink where added for a little detail.
 |
| BASECOATED WITH INKS. |
Wow, too shiny! Had to knock it back a little, so gave it a drybrush of Bestial Brown. This really wasn't the look I was after, change of direction coming.
 |
| OOPS! THAT LOOKS AWFUL. |
To try and save it, I went lighter and less glossy. A heavy drybrush of Oatmeal emulsion (75p from Wilko's) saved the day and my blushes.
 |
| GETTING BACK ON TRACK. |
To add a little more interest, I drybrushed Magnolia emulsion onto the "heavy traffic" areas (again 75p tester pot from Wilko's). This made things look a little less flat, well, I thought so anyway.
 |
| HEAVY TRAFFIC AREAS DEFINED. |
As a final touch, some blood splashes and stains were added to break things up a bit and bring a little (un)life to the piece.
 |
| BIT OF BLOOD AND SUCH, TO MAKE IT GNARLY. |
That's it for the floor. Moving on to the interior walls, they got a good coat of Oatmeal emulsion. I was trying to keep the inside as light as possible. This was then drybrushed with Magnolia emulsion, this stage may need to be repeated.
As for the exterior, more emulsion, this was Cozy Cocoon (I think!?). A few coats of drybrushing with lighter tones and the job should be a good 'un. Some creative staining may also be called for.
The interior is also looking a smidge too pristine, something will have to be done about that.
A shot to show the walls in situ with the flooring. Hopefully, another week and this thing should be finished. But don't hold your breath!
In other news, Z-nation starts at 10pm, 21st of July (Tuesday) on Pick. Really looking forward to it, another take on the zombie apocalypse, what's not to like.
Well, I guess that's all I got for this time dudes and dudettes. So until next time try and follow the DUDE'S example and "take it easy".
0 Comments